Monday, October 22, 2012

Welcome to the Republican Party

Ecclesiastes 2:18 NLT
"I am disgusted that I must leave the fruits of my hard work to others."

Not too long ago, I asked some friends little boy what he wanted to be when he grew up and he said, "I want to be President!"

I knew that his parents standing next to him were Democrats so I asked, "If you were President, what would be the first thing you would do?"

The little boy said, "I'd give free cell phones to all the homeless people!"

"Wow — what a wonderful gift that would be.", I said.

Then I told him, "You don't have to wait until you're President to do that. You can come over to my house and mow, rake leaves, and wash my car and I'll pay you $50. You could take the money you earned to the store and buy a cell phone and give it to a homeless person."

Because he was only 7, he needed to think this over for a few seconds.

Clearly annoyed, his mom looked at me and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work himself, why should my son do the work for him?"

I looked her straight in the eyes and told her, "Welcome to the Republican Party!"

She hasn't spoke to me since!

1 comment:

  1. When some onе sеarсhes foг his vіtal thing, so
    hе/she desiгes to bе available that in detail,
    so that thіng is maintaіned оver here.


    Alѕo visit my blοg pоst megassu
    my web site - mega

    ReplyDelete