Thursday, May 16, 2013

You Don't Look for Jesus - He is Looking for You


You Don't Look for Jesus - He is Looking for You

You Don't Look for Jesus - He is Looking for You

Today, as I was silently praying for the lost, I was laying special emphasis on a few words in my prayer that were directed toward those I know personally. I was praying over and over, "Lord, help them find you! ... Lord, help them find you!"


Then, Suddenly it hit me! What am I saying? ...This makes no sense! Why am I praying for them to find You? You haven't gone anywhere. You have always been there for all of us. These people do not need to look for Jesus. Jesus is looking for you!


In fact, Jesus makes himself more available to the lost than He does the saved!


Luke 19:10 tells us "For the Son of Man came to seek and the save what was lost."


We know this to be true from the way He lived his life. He always jumped at the opportunity to witness to the sinful and lost.


Why? Because He loves all of us and wants everyone to be with Him in Heaven. He wants all the lost to be led to righteousness.


Mark 2:17 says "... 'It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.'"

You Don't Look for Jesus - He is Looking for You

In Luke 19:1-10 Jesus was a guest of the known sinner and tax collector, Zacchaeus.

In John 8 Jesus stopped the agry mob from stoning to death the adultress by saying, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."
Jesus was not concerned with the status quo! He always did what was necessary to bring the lost to salvation. Because He loves them! Just like He did with the calling of the Levi.

You Don't Look for Jesus - He is Looking for You

27 After this, Jesus went out and saw a tax collector by the name of Levi sitting at his tax booth. "Follow me," Jesus said to him, 28 and Levi got up, left everything and followed him. 29 Then Levi held a great banquet for Jesus at his house, and a large crowd of tax collectors and others were eating with them. 30 But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law who belonged to their sect complained to his disciples, "Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and 'sinners'?" Luke 5:27-30
There are other examples that I could mention, but not needed because the point is clear. There is no need for Christians to pray for the lost to find Jesus. Jesus has been there all along.

You Don't Look for Jesus - He is Looking for You


You see, Jesus is a gentleman! He is standing at the door and he is knocking. All we have to do is open the door and let Him in.



"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20

I ask all Christians reading this post to pause for a moment and pray for the lost to open their hearts to Jesus. Many know that He is there and hear Him there knocking, but can't let Him in because the world has hardened their hearts. We should pray that something will break the barrier they have placed around their hearts and allow the love of Jesus to fill their Souls!

No comments:

Post a Comment