Saturday, May 18, 2013

Play "Victory in Jesus" at my Funeral


Play "Victory in Jesus" at my Funeral

The church I attend recently went through a revival. On the second night of the revival I came to a revelation. There is only one hymn that I want played at my funeral! That hymn is “Victory in Jesus”, written by Eugene Monroe Bartlett in 1939. My wife and children can choose other favorites that they want, but this one is mine.

Why? I have heard and sang this hymn hundreds of times and every time it never fails to move my Spirit like none other. I have read and prayed over the words of this song and I challenge anyone to find words that better speak to the soul about the love of Jesus Christ and the free gift of Salvation He gave to us. No other lyrics describes how I feel about Jesus more than this one!

If you want to be blessed, take a couple of minutes and slowly read over the words of this hymn. Let God speak to your heart like He did with me!
Victory in Jesus
I heard an old, old story,
How a Savior came from glory,
How He gave His life on Calvary
To save a wretch like me;
I heard about His groaning,
Of His precious blood’s atoning,
Then I repented of my sins
And won the victory.
Chorus
O victory in Jesus,
My Savior, forever.
He sought me and bought me
With His redeeming blood;
He loved me ere I knew Him
And all my love is due Him,
He plunged me to victory,
Beneath the cleansing flood.
I heard about His healing,
Of His cleansing pow’r revealing.
How He made the lame to walk again
And caused the blind to see;
And then I cried, “Dear Jesus,
Come and heal my broken spirit,”
And somehow Jesus came and bro’t
To me the victory.
Chorus
O victory in Jesus,
My Savior, forever.
He sought me and bought me
With His redeeming blood;
He loved me ere I knew Him
And all my love is due Him,
He plunged me to victory,
Beneath the cleansing flood.
I heard about a mansion
He has built for me in glory.
And I heard about the streets of gold
Beyond the crystal sea;
About the angels singing,
And the old redemption story,
And some sweet day I’ll sing up there
The song of victory.
Play "Victory in Jesus" at my Funeral

Every time I read or sing this hymn, tears come to my eyes! How dare I ever forget what Jesus had done for me! If these words don’t move you, please take a moment and pray for the Holy Spirit to soften your harden heart.

Anyone that feels nothing from these powerful words means only one thing. Your heart has been snared by the Great Deceiver, Father of All Lies, the Evil One, Liar from the Beginning, the Destroyer, the Devourer, Enemy of Righteousness, Fallen Angel, Demon, Beelzebub, or more commonly known as Satan and the Devil!

There is only one cure from his eternal grasp on your soul! Only with “Victory in Jesus” can you be free!

“… thanks be to God! He gives us the VICTORY through our Lord Jesus Christ.” 1 Corinthians 15:57 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment