Sunday, March 11, 2012

A birthday poem for my wife

A birthday poem for my wife
 
Happy birthday Tammie, just turned 50,
Getting old, but you're still pretty,
Not so many bags, wrinkles and crinkles,
If you ask me, you're aged to perfection!

Like aged red wine, the best, it's true,
Not very good, when it's new,
As wine ages, the tannins bloom,
Into a taste, that's rich and smooth!

Over the decades, times good and bad,
Pick you ups, and put you downs,
Madeyou the person, everyone enjoys,
The woman I love, and deeply adore!

Your family, a testimony, your life’s greatest work,
Proof of your love, devoted support,
If you’re worried, about “Over the Hill”,
Remember this, you’re aged to perfection!


Inspired and written for my lovely wife. During the first hour of my wake on the day before her 50thbirthday.


No comments:

Post a Comment