Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Christmas is a Time for Encouragement

encouragement - retrieved from: http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa364/aggie352/Blogs/Sayings/661.jpg
For most of us, the Christmas season is a time of happiness mainly because of the loved ones we spend time together with. But for many people, Christmas is a very sad time because it reminds them of the loved ones that have passed on. This is especially true for those that lost loved ones without warning and feel as if their time with them was cheated or stolen away from them. For Christians, Christmas should be about more than just a time for love and giving, but also a great time for encouragement to those that need it so desperately. The best remedy for hurting Christians is the healing power of God's word.
 
encouragement - retrieved from: http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/2e/16/bf/2e16bff75cfa31f4beb1b4a3c7b760a7.jpgTrust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
 
The Lord is like a strong tower, where the righteous can go and be safe. (Proverbs 18:10)
 
Leave your troubles with the Lord, and he will defend you; he never lets honest people be defeated. (Psalm 55:22)
 
Do not be afraid - I am with you! I am your God - let nothing terrify you! I will make you strong and help you; I will protect you and save you. (Isaiah 41:10)
Leave all your worries with him, because he cares for you. (1 Peter 5:7)
"Peace is what I leave with you; it is my own peace that I give you. I do not give it as the world does. Do not be worried and upset; do not be afraid." (John 14:27)
 
You, Lord, give perfect peace to those who keep their purpose firm and put their trust in you. (Isaiah 26:3)
"I have told you this so that you will have peace by being united to me. The world will make you suffer. But be brave! I have defeated the world!" (John 16:33)
God is our shelter and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not be afraid, even if the earth is shaken and mountains fall into the ocean depths; even if the seas roar and rage, and the hills are shaken by the violence. (Psalm 46:1-3)
For the Spirit that God has given us does not make us timid; instead, his Spirit fills us with power, love, and self-control. (2 Timothy 1:7)
 
I am always aware of the Lord's presence; he is near, and nothing can shake me. (Psalm 16:8)
The Lord makes me powerful and strong; he has saved me. Listen to the glad shouts of victory in the tents of God's people: "The Lord's mighty power has done it! His power has brought us victory - his mighty power in battle!" ... You are my defender and protector; I put my hope in your promise. Go away from me, you sinful people. I will obey the commands of my God. ... I lie defeated in the dust; revive me, as you have promised. ... Even in my suffering I was comforted because your promise gave me life. ... My punishment was good for me, because it made me learn your commands. ... When I was in trouble, I called to the Lord, and he answered me. (Psalm 118:14-16; 119:114-115, 25, 50, 71, 120:1)

by James Apple Jr.

Please join the Good Fight for the Faith and share these verses of encouragement with others.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment