Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Christmas Prayer Poem For Death of a Loved One

 
My Father in Heaven, the God of compassion and love;
there is a hole in my heart and I my world has fallen apart.
 
It's Christmas time, a time that should be full of joy and celebration;
a time looking forward to Jesus' birth, with much anticipation.
 
But all I can think of is, Christmases long ago;
the time spent with my loved one, and experiencing our love grow.
 
I bring my sorrows to you Lord, because I don't know what else to do;
I want to focus on your birth, but I'm so lonely and blue.
 
I take all my sorrows, and lay them down at your feet;
I know you can take them away, and make me complete.
 
Heal my broken heart, dry my tears and help me understand;
that the death of my loved one, was never unplanned.
 
According to Your Holy Will, You took my loved one home early;
it's not for me to understand why, and no longer should worry.
 
I now understand why, and I shouldn't be blue;
cause my loved one is in Heaven, sitting right next to You.
 
Sitting in glory, with no fear and pain;
praising your name for ever, never to sorrow again.
 
Because Jesus left Heaven, to come to lowly Earth;
was born in a stable, in a miraculous virgin birth.
 
I now have another great reason, to be happy during the Christmas season;
God brought my loved one home to heaven, for some glorious reason.
 
by James Apple Jr.
 
christmas prayer poem - retrieved from: http://havebiblewillpreach.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/2013.03.07_death_of_a_loved_one.png

Please join the Good Fight and share this poem with others.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment