Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pay It Forward - My True Story

Have you ever personally experienced "Pay it Forward?" Well, here is a true story of how God blessed me one day!
For my one hour lunch break I decided to walk down to the hospital on Fort Knox, KY to get lunch. I went to the cash register and took a $5 dollar bill out of my wallet to pay the lady the normal $3.50, but when the total came up on the digital screen it was over $7.
God forgive me, but I became defensive and started complaining about being overcharged. I asked her, "Just last week, I bought a double-cheeseburger and onion rings for $3.75, how could a single-cheeseburger and onion rings cost over $7?" The lady operating the cash-register just looked at me, smiled and said, "Honey, just relax." She turned the computer screen toward me so I could see it better. "You see! The $7 is not for just your meal, but also for the man behind you. It's the price of two meals." My look of confusion must have been pretty obvious, so she continued to explain. "I didn't need to ask him, I just know to ring up whoever's meal is in front of him in line because that is what he does everyday." Bewildered, I looked to the man next to me for clarification because I had a hard-time believing what I just heard. He looked at me and smiled.
 
pay it forward - retrieved from: http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002225583/1643851534_fist_bump_xlarge.jpegThen the young black man lifted his hand for a Fist-bump and said "That's how I roll man! This is what I do everyday, I like to Pay it Forward!" Overjoyed I said, "Thank you!" I returned the fist-bump and said "Now I have to find a way to Pay it Forward too!"
Then he said, "That's what it's all about man! God Bless You!"
 
If this story blessed you? Please pass it on to someone else you know need a blessing in their life.

by James Apple Jr.

Please join the Good Fight for the Faith by sharing this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment