Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Happy Birthday, Your're 52

happy birthday poem
This poem is dedicated to my lovely wife on her 52nd birthday.
 
Happy Birthday my love, today you're 52
You're age has grown, but so's my love for you
We've been married now, for almost 23 years
So many happy times, and a few mixed with tears.
 
We've seen it all, since the day we first met
Infatuation grew to love, to days we're upset
Most important by far, is how we stayed together
Vows held steadfast, during good & bad weather.
 
We used our God-given talents, to the best of our ability
Raised four kids together, and tried to teach'em responsibility
Their years growing up, they may not found us so grand
But after our grandchildren, I think they totally understand.
 
We were young and naive, just trying to make ends meet
When I first met you, planning your meals was a feat
Living life on the edge, every payday already spent
Thank God the kids were fed, with money left for rent.
 
Over the years, quality of life slowly improved
A promotion or two, plenty of money for food
A military family, with no predestined journey
Kansas and Georgia, and many years in Germany.
 
Life was good, and we had plenty of enjoyment
But you still had it hard, because of all my deployment
From Bosnia to Iraq, and many months in training
More time away than home, must have been straining.
 
You learned to become strong, and very self-sufficient
Raising children on your own, you had to be efficient
Everyone relied on you, and you did it all
From cleaning and cooking, to driving to play ball.
 
We all love and thank you, have a debt of gratitude
Amazed by your servitude, and positive attitude
The people we've become, is mostly because of you
Because of the love you gave, and everything you do.
 
Life has slowed a lot, decided to retire in Kentucky
To grow old with you, I am so incredibly lucky
Our bodies are changing, and we don't look the same
But you'll always be, my number one dame.
 
It's just you and me now, alone in this big house
And I'm still happy and proud, to call you my spouse
Where the future takes us, I don't have a clue
All I know is, I want it to be with you!
 
Happy Birthday Honey - You're only 52
 
by James Apple Jr.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment