Wednesday, July 30, 2014

One New Year's Resolution All Christians Should Make

new year resolution - retrieved from: http://dailysmspk.com/wp-content/uploads/New-Year-2014-Resolution-Quotes-Wishes-Wallpapers.jpgI was thinking about what New Year resolution I should make for 2014. Of course, all of the same ones came to mind such as losing some weight, exercising more, etc, etc. Then I thought I should make a resolution to spend more time with God in prayer and with my family. I decided to make this my resolution and as I was thinking about how I could do this, it hit me! The number one reason why I don't spend more time with God and my family is also the number one reason why most other Christians have the same problem. That's why I think this resolution would be great for most Christians today.

"Learn how to RELAX!"

My New Year resolution is to "Learn how to relax." Almost everything on my New Year resolution list could be easily resolved if I would only learn how to slow down and enjoy life, God, and my family. But, how do I do this? How do I learn to relax in a lifestyle that is so fast-paced? It seems as if we are sometimes just "spinning our wheels" to get done with one thing, just to start another. And in many cases, I believe it is not our own fault! So, how do I combat against the norm and learn to relax?
Obviously, I don't think learning to relax is something that can be achieved overnight. And it may be something that I will never achieve 100%. But, I think a step in the right direction would be to start with the little-things. I need to look for opportunities to relax and make a conscious effort to capitalize on them.
The next time I have a couple of hours to myself. Instead of playing a game or watching some movie I have already seen; I should read my Bible or maybe go on a leisurely afternoon walk and be in awe over the amazing world God created. I could use this time with my family going to movie together or going on a leisurely drive taking in the sights and talking to one another. On top of all this, studies show that relieving stress will also help me lose a few pounds.

by James Apple Jr.

Please join the Good Fight and share this with others!

Photo Credit: http://dailysmspk.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment